Friday, March 12, 2010

Welcome Barbara Ehrenreich forum readers.

Are there any other forums where people seriously question the Education Arms Race?

I have been posting on author Barbara Ehrenreich's forum for years, anonymously, and today I spammed out some advertisements there for my new blog (in the course of posting).

Other than JD Underground, that forum is the only one I know of that caters to angry, disenchanted college-educated people who "get it"; which is exactly the kind of fan base that I am hoping to attract.  The dogmatic notion that college education will magically solve individuals' employment problems is heavily ingrained and entrenched in the public's mind, and that is one of the dogmas that I hope to rattle with this blog.  In the future I will probably write a post and provide links about the career graveyard that is the science profession.

If you just came here from Barbara Ehrenreich's forum (or not), please bookmark this blog and say hello in the comments.

Also, if anyone knows of any other forums where malcontents question the value of college education and graduate degrees, please post a link.

Don't be shy!  Please leave a comment!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Me :wave:

I came from Barbra's forum. Shame what happened there, that forum got me through some really hard times when I had to realize I would probably never get my commercial art career back.

I hope the forum goes up once again.

Frank the Underemployed Professional said...

It's a shame what happened to that forum, too, with all of the ad spamming. There aren't too many places out there where college-educated unemployed and underemployed people can vent.

Blogger Templates by OurBlogTemplates.com 2007